CONSIDERING a mission's trip tHIS SCHOOL YEAR?
If you are considering it, God just may be calling you to serve this Christmas, this summer, this year, or for the rest of your life. Being on mission with God is a remarkable experience. Every summer God uses college students like you to radically reach lost people with the amazing good news that comes from Christ. So, what does He want you to do? Does He want you to go and share or stay and share? I know that God will reveal to you how you should proceed and what He is calling you to do. Real love for God and the lost is expressed through obedient action. Love Goes!
As you look over the following information, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
Be in prayer for God to lead you through this process
Be open to every position as a possibility to serve Christ
Place your trust in God to place you in the position that He knows is best for you
Look honestly at your gifts, your experiences, and your desires; see how they fit with the position descriptions, but also be willing to stretch yourself and to be open to grow in areas of ministry that you may never have experienced before
Keep in mind that God is interested in your ability, but He is more interested in your availability
Review the qualifications and procedures
Work with your BCM Director/Church Collegiate Minister to successfully complete the application by the deadline listed for the project that you are interested in
Above all else, you should know that you are being prayed for. Listen to the Father, seek wise counsel, and be open to following Him wherever He leads.
SCHOLARSHIPS/FUNDING for summer missionaries
- Students serving for more than one month service (30 plus days) will receive a $500 scholarship
- Students serving for two weeks service (14 plus days) will receive a $300 scholarship
- Students serving one week (7 plus days) will receive a $150
- There will be a cap on the number of students allowed to apply for this funding as determined by available funding each year. Contributions for this fund will come from student-raised funds from campuses, Maguire State Mission Offering, individual donations and other miscellaneous contributions.
- Students applying for short-term mission’s teams throughout the year other than summer (one to two week assignments) will receive $50 scholarship per person. Team scholarships will be limited to ten scholarships per team.